Cybersecurity Sr Analyst
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Cox Communications is searching for a Threat Detection &
Response (TDR) Analyst that will join the Security Operations
Center (SOC) and respond to cyber threats facing Cox networks,
systems, and information assets. The TDR Analyst is engaged
throughout the incident lifecycle from escalation to resolution and
acts by collecting and analyzing threat intelligence, performing
security monitoring activities, taking appropriate action based on
exposure, and reporting recommendations to leadership. This
position reports to the Director of Threat Detection and
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong business acumen and
possess a blend of general business, technology, and security
competencies. This is a unique opportunity to work for a
telecommunications company protecting national critical
- Detect and respond to incidents related to users, workstations,
servers and the network using SIEM, behavioral analytics, and
network analysis to promptly detect and mitigate the impact of
- Track, respond, and document cybersecurity incidents in a
consistent and well-organized manner from detection through
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g.,
Windows, Linux, network traffic, firewalls, intrusion detection
system [IDS] logs, or application logs) to identify potential
threats to the environment.
- Perform incident triage, to include scope, urgency, and
potential impact, making recommendations that enable expeditious
- Review and respond to questions and escalated security events
from junior analysts.
- Stay current with the latest trends in threat intelligence,
security monitoring and incident response.
- Collect and review intelligence data from relevant sources
including subscription and open-source feeds.
- Create and monitor reference sets across different applications
to support threat hunting and monitoring.
- Develop ad-hoc scripts to extend capabilities and complete
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or a
related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of technical experience
in the Information Security field, OR Master's of Science in a
related discipline + 2 years of experience, OR PhD + 1 year of
- Experience with Log Management/SIEM tools (e.g., ArcSight,
IBM/Qradar, Splunk, McAfee/Nitro, ELK, LogRhythm, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance,
scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges,
maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Strong experience triaging security events using a variety of
tools including SIEM / SOAR / XDR in a security operations
- Experience with network traffic, firewalls, ID, proxies,
antivirus, mail, and spyware solutions.
- Cloud experience with AWS and/or Azure environments.
- Experience in programming / scripting languages, such as
PowerShell, Python, or Bash.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including
topology, protocols, components, and principles.
- Experience with host forensics, timelines, memory and disk
- Strong understanding of malware analysis concepts and
- Proficiency with common cybersecurity frameworks and regulatory
requirements like MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, OWASP.
- Strong process execution, time management and organizational
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas
in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written,
and/or visual means.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering.
- Experience with endpoint security agents like Microsoft
Defender, Carbon Black or CrowdStrike.
- Experience with network forensics and associated toolsets,
(Suricata, Wireshark, PCAP, tcpdump) and analysis techniques.
- Experience with host-based detection and prevention suites like
Microsoft SCEP or OSSEC.
- Experience navigating and working in hybrid cloud
- Understanding of log collection and aggregation techniques,
Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), syslog-NG, Windows Event
- Certifications like OSCP, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in
America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot,
but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our
award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a
coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people
closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing
so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations
across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare,
our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox
Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to
make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Marietta , Cybersecurity Sr Analyst, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!