Company: HD Supply
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary Responsible for performing senior level fabrication
operations and supporting management by acting as the operational
first line of assistance for associates. Provide customized
products to customer specifications. Major Tasks, Responsibilities,
and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains fabrication associates on the proper
execution of duties. Exhibits detailed knowledge of all fabrication
machines and duties.
- Examine specifications of the customer's order using drawings,
work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the
finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup
- Fabricate work piece as determined by work order
specifications. Retrieve correct pipe of various sizes and
classifications from fabrication pipe yard. Perform different
fabrication duties, including grooving pipe and cutting all holes
for welders using a plasma cutter.
- Examine work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule,
calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Package for shipping. Install protective devices, such as
bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to
items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and
- Performs other duties, as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
responsibility. Req ID HDJR-001262 Functional Area Field Operations
Position Type Regular HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Marietta , Lead Fabricator, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!