Veterans Preferred - Production Technician
Company: The Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Dow has an exciting
opportunities for Production Technicians in Marietta, GA.
The primary purpose of this position is to complete production
batches safely, on time, and within specification. Technicians work
within and across Zones on the manufacturing floor. Filling
customer orders through the block scheduling process is the primary
goal of all technicians on the manufacturing floor. Position would
also require the technician to be able load and unload tank trucks
and rail cars.
- Safely and Accurately Complete batches per production / block
schedule and standard Operating Discipline.
- Execute assigned work using batch ticket and detailed
- Assume ownership of assigned work. Follow batches through to
- Check QC progress, packaging needs to keep batches moving.
Overtime may be required to complete batches. Status of Batches
should be noted on block schedule, (i.e., Complete, Ready to
Package, Incomplete). Reason for exceptions to block schedule
should be noted in log.
- Accountable to Production Coordinator for daily activity. Job
Performance is monitored by the Production Coordinator, Production
Engineer, (and others); but Managed by the Operations Leader.
- Perform job duties to satisfactory levels in support of the
business and the team. This includes prompt arrival at start of
shift, appropriate breaks, and adequate communication between
shifts to ensure safe and accurate completion of batches.
- Cooperates with associated functions to support the business:
QC Lab, Site Logistics, EH&S and R&D. Knows, understands,
and contributes to Plant goals.
- Schedule Vacation and Time off per the site policy. Keep
Production Coordinator informed of all attendance issues.
- Complete Safety and Compliance Checks as directed. Use proper
PPE and perform Housekeeping as required.
- Attends/completes training as directed.
- Once Red Tag User (LO/TO) and Safe Work Permitting (SWP)
trained, performs LO/TO and SWP duties as needed.
- All employees are expected to participate as team members in
their area of work or an area of interest.
- Intervenes with unsafe behavior and coaches teammates to do the
- Dow does Not Tolerate Unsafe Acts. Coaches teammates to correct
behavior and if necessary reports unsafe acts immediately to
EH&S Delivery and leadership.
- Responds to Emergencies, Leak, or Spill as directed by the
- Response Leader or Emergency Response Team.
- Participates in Root Cause Investigations and volunteers for
- Helps to provide training for new employees in area of
- Works with the Production Coordinator/Production Engineer to
properly document Operating Discipline through procedures and
- Performs initial troubleshooting to best of ability before
involving Production Coordinator / Supervision.
The person hired in this role will work an 8 hour rotating shift (6
AM -2:30 PM, 2 PM -10:30 PM) Monday -- Friday or a permanent third
shift (10 PM - 6:30 AM) as agreed with the supervisor and weekends
as needed. This is a hands-on role that requires repetitive tasks,
troubleshooting and extreme care and safety. Due to the complexity
of the role the person hired will be expected to stay in the role
for a minimum of 2 years.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the
application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete
the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to
save your application for later. Even if you have taken this
assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is
required for each position you apply to.
- 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial
role OR 4 or more years of military experience.
- Current, valid US driver's license to drive a forklift.
- Work overtime as needed.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the
ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis
(U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying
- Associates degree or higher in Chemical Technology,
Manufacturing Processing, or Chemical Processing.
- Previous experience in a chemical or petro-chemical
- Hazmat experience.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodations:
- Work outside in all types of weather, including extreme heat
and cold, rain, etc
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as:
respirators, protective clothing, face masks, goggles, boots, etc.
The respirator will require a clean shaven face.
- Lift, push, and pull.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.No known sensitivities to
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to
qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is
rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Able to work within an empowered team environment.
- Able to follow procedures and processes.
- Able to follow all safety processes.
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with
in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused.
**Dow does not offer relocation if the position is offered to
someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to
and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within
the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base
pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your
passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: The Dow Chemical Company, Marietta , Veterans Preferred - Production Technician, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!