Production Associate I
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for performing all tasks involved in the
production of products, including stretch cord, metal, and wood.
Performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or
sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Works on processes, including the insertion of materials,
clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools. May cut metal
frames, wood, paper, etc. to specific dimensions as required by
fabrication spec sheet. May align layout marks with die and blade,
position materials being joined to ensure proper fit and finish.
Uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec
sheets and double check measurements for accuracy.
- Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies
and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic
tools as required.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and
- Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods
using assigned packing materials. Places finished goods on
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and
material requirements. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean
and orderly condition. Follows prescribed safety regulations and
performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety
- Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures,
and job aides. Practices safe work habits to ensure production
safety and efficiency. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required. Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with machines and tools, including their design,
uses, repair, and maintenance. Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience reading a tape measure or other measurement
- Familiarity with converting decimal to fractions.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, holidays, and
weekends as needed. PRID PRID164 Job Locations US-GA-Marietta
Posted Date 3 days ago (9/8/2020 1:44 PM) Job ID 2020-39439
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location :
Postal Code 30062 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Marietta , Production Associate I, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!