Truck Driver - CDL Class B/Touch Freight - Penske Logistics
Posted on: August 30, 2020
Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact
on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring
for most positions within our organization. We expect to have
positions like this available in the future and are looking to
identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting team is
actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidates for phone
screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are
What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift
and fuel your career as a CDL Class B/Touch Freight/Truck Driver
for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to
delivering products safely and on time. We're proud to move freight
for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're more than just
the yellow trucks.)
You'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for
having the best equipment, great management, clear communication
and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of
our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for delivering
product to customers. Delivering air conditioning units and
components to construction sites, schools, hospitals, and
residential areas in Atlanta, North Georgia's, and Birmingham
Alabama areas. Warehouse work is required using a fork lift to pull
orders and load/unload the truck.
• Shifts: Monday through Friday. Routes dispatch at 7 a.m. and are
about 8 to 9 hours in length.
• Equipment: 26' Straight Trucks, hand trucks, pallet jacks. A fork
lift certification is required.
• Compensation: $18.00 per hour.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic
violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home Daily
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class B with Airbrake endorsement required
• 1 year of documented straight truck driving experience in the
last 5 years
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate
DOT medical card required
• Safety oriented
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and
safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Marietta , Truck Driver - CDL Class B/Touch Freight - Penske Logistics, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!