Budget Analyst 2
Company: State of Georgia
Posted on: March 23, 2020
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ON THIS SITE. *YOU MUST APPLY AT
Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the
people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy
lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to
the health of the entire population as our work impacts past,
present and future generations.Enjoy a generous benefits package
that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training
opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, Capitol Hill
Fitness Center access, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee
retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation
& sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance;
in addition to telework opportunities depending upon the
position.As an accredited health department, we're seeking a highly
qualified candidate for the position of Budget Analyst to join the
Division of Finance, Office of Budgets Section.Job
ResponsibilitiesUnder general supervision, develops, prepares,
analyzes and/or revises budgets and supporting schedules for
assigned organizations or program areas. Performs review and
analysis of budget program and policy issues, analyzes financial
trends or proposed legislation and recommends appropriate courses
of action to management. Performs expenditure analyses and prepares
budget-related financial summaries and recommendations for
management review.*Primary Duties & Responsibilities: ***
- Analyzes agency budgeting and accounting reports/requests to
maintain expenditure controls.
- Analyzes or develops policy and budget-related initiatives
Makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Consults with management to ensure that budget adjustments are
made in accordance with program changes.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes, and/or revises annual operating
budget, capital and/or zero base budgets and supporting schedules
in accordance with appropriations and departmental
- Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and
conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Maintains financial records and documentation.
- May assess financial data to determine the resources required
to implement a program, or to analyze trends.
- May prepare and compile statistical analyses, projections,
costing, or plans
- May prepare budget amendments.
- May request budgetary codes, track physical inventory or
record/audit expenses, or document use of funds and adherence to
- Monitors budgets and identifies variances, surplus or deficit
amounts, and solutions.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis.
- Prepares and generates department, state and federal reports as
- Prepares reports and summaries based on budgetary analysis for
management.Bachelor's degree in public administration, business
administration, accounting, finance or related field from an
accredited college or university OR Associate's degree in public
administration, business administration, accounting, finance or
related field from an accredited college or university AND Two
years of fiscal analysis experience OR Four years of fiscal
analysis experience.Job: *FinancialOrganization: *Public Health,
Georgia Department of - DPHTitle: Budget Analyst 2Location:
GA-Fulton-AtlantaRequisition ID: FIN029R
Keywords: State of Georgia, Marietta , Budget Analyst 2, Professions , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!