Part Time Janitor - Marietta, GA
Company: YRC Freight
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Janitor (19) will clean the terminal facility
and maintain and safe facility working environment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Sweep, picks up debris, empties trash barrels and dumps them
into trash hoppers or large compactors to maintain a clean dock
environment. During the winter months, employee might spread salt
with a spreader, shovel walkways, spread absorbent to soak up the
moisture from snow or rain.
- Drive a forklift with a sweeping attachment on the front of it
to sweep up the debris, or simply takes a forklift to it's
designated "work area".
- Organize, lifts, and stocks dock supplies. Typical stocking
will include driving a forklift or hand cart to haul the particular
item. Items stocked range from propane tanks, tape, banding
material, brooms, shovels, absorbent, blocking, plywood, cage
carts, air bags.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Coordinate all duties required to maintain a clean and safe
working environment within OSHA guidelines.
- Complete all work orders and related company documents as
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.Job
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and tools of the trade.
- Must pass written and driving exam to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work all scheduled ours and overtime if
- Experience in building maintenance.Yellow Corporation, along
with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: YRC Freight, Marietta , Part Time Janitor - Marietta, GA, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!