Associate Merchant - Wood Category
Company: Floor & Decor
Posted on: November 18, 2022
The Wood Category with Floor & Decor is looking to add an
Associate Merchant to the team.
Position is Hybrid - 3 days ON-SITE at Floor & Decor Headquarters:
2500 Windy Ridge Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339. Mon-Wed onsite, remote
This position is responsible for developing and building strategies
that will make the company an industry leader in hard surface
flooring. Working with a Senior Merchant or Merchant, this position
will set the strategy for a category and manage entire product
category including planning and budgeting, analysis, space
planning/allocation, advertising/promotion, and inventory
management. Full profit/loss responsibility for category managed.
Position reports to a Merchandising Vice President, Senior
Merchant, or Merchant.
- Establish overall company-wide strategies for category to
maximize sales and margin and ensure that the company is the
industry leader. Achieve budgeted targets for sales and margin in
respective product categories.
- Be an industry expert with a thorough and technical knowledge
of products, industry, vendors, competition, and trends.
Continually assess industry trends in order to provide strategic
guidance necessary for short and long term planning.
- Create best in class product assortments to maximize regional
sales and positioning through direct sourcing as well as domestic
vendors. Ensure that the company is leading trends and carrying
appropriate assortment of good, better, and best products.
- Successfully negotiate lowest prices and best terms and set
core retail prices in alignment with our company-wide "level"
- Develop successful vendor partnerships to create long term
strategic partnerships, new relationships, and continuous
improvement of existing relationships.
- Partner with Senior Director Regional Merchandising (SDRM) to
execute best assortments by store and market. Ensure product
assortments are sufficient to satisfy all market needs.
- Work with Inventory team to improve turns and in stocks through
forecasting, vendor management and overall product
- Work with marketing team to set core product/price promotional
strategies including special purchases, new product launches,
- Work with planners on all category forecasts and margin
analysis and maximization.
- Provide input and direction on category visual display and
- Responsible for category-specific training materials
development and new product communication.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or Merchandising preferred
(relevant experience can be substituted for the required education
on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic
year of education).
- Three years of relevant experience required or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the
essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Strategic thinker with proven experience of ability to
recognize, influence and maximize trends in the market.
- Proven track record of buying and inventory management
- Effective negotiation skills with positive outcomes and ongoing
mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Strong leadership, planning, communication, and organizational
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel).
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- Limited travel may be required including air and car
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving
- The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to
Physical/Sensory RequirementsSedentary Work - Ability to exert 10 -
50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force
frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve
walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Keywords: Floor & Decor, Marietta , Associate Merchant - Wood Category, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!