Company: McCleskey East Cobb YMCA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Membership Director, the Basketball Gym
Monitor will supervise the basketball gym including but not limited
to: family basketball, pick-up basketball, youth basketball,
pickleball, volleyball and/or other activities as requested. The
supervisor is also responsible for responding to various situations
in order to ensure safety for participants and spectators. This
position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with
the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives of the YMCA of
Minimum Requirements :
- Must meet minimum age requirement of 21 years old
- One year or more of related experience preferred
- High degree of Human relation and Conflict Management skills to
tactfully enforce all rules and regulations
- Professional appearance appropriate for a family-friendly
- Current state approved CPR/AED certification required.
- Supervises the gym and surrounding areas to ensure safety and
welfare of users
- Reports and monitors all mechanical and equipment problems
- Sets up equipment and returns equipment to storage
- Ensures cleanliness and safety of facilities and equipment
- Tactfully enforces all rules, regulations and policies
- Maintains proper documentation and reports incidents and
- Assists other staff
- Answers inquiries from participants and provides
- Other duties as assigned.
- Abide by and enforce Metro Atlanta YMCA's Keeping Kids Safe
Policies as listed in Metro Atlanta YMCA Employee Handbook.
- Abide by and enforce Metro Atlanta YMCA' Safety Protocols,
including those related to COVID-19.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Quality Results
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of
membership experience and success of family programs. This
effectiveness can be measured by:
The perceived quality of programs and services by the members and
the community based on verbal feedback. Branches monthly retention
goals achieved. Parents and children are satisfied with quality of
care provided by YMCA Play Center Staff. The YMCA Play Center is
viewed by parents as a positive experience in the lives of their
children, and a valuable part of their membership.
Seeing, hearing, standing, stooping, walking unassisted, lifting
more than 50 pounds.
McCleskey East Cobb YMCA Associated topics: crew, engineer,
greeter, hvac, locker room attendant, mechanic, public safety,
scoreboard, service, stadium
Keywords: McCleskey East Cobb YMCA, Marietta , Gym Monitor, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!