Membership Representative II
Company: Northeast Cobb YMCA
Posted on: November 18, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits
serving in Atlanta. Today, we're looking for you to join us as we
carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
At the Y, we're an association of like-minded people (staff,
volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure
that everyone -- especially children -- experience an equal
opportunity to reach their full potential. In the course of a year,
we provide more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K
with high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000
youth and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps,
teen leadership development programs, and employment opportunities;
provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and
facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of
age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across
Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work. Our
commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people,
our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful
characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Membership Director, a Member Service
Representative Level 2 is responsible for efficiently and
effectively carrying out the duties and functions of the Member
Service area. This position must perform duties in accordance with
the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by
the Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety
Protocols Including COVID, and Member Services Guidelines and
Non-Negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on member service, program
knowledge, member/staff safety, and communication with members and
Minimum Requirements :
- A working knowledge of computers (MS Word, MS Excel and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve, and possess effective time management skills.
- Must pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
- Prefer a minimum of one year or more experience in work
relating to customer service, either paid or volunteer.
- High degree of human relation skills: Ability to effectively
communicate and manage information to peers, staff and
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships
with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, schools and general
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program
participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member
- Welcomes members as they enter and leave the YMCA.
- Implements the YMCA safety protocols both related to COVID and
- Implement wellness checks and provide a leadership role in
ensuring member/staff adherence to the safety protocols, with a
commitment to positive member and staff safety.
- Attend, complete, and pass Spirit Point of Sale.
- Greets, engages, and/or tours prospective members and program
- Supports membership operations through sale of memberships and
program offerings. Must have an in depth working knowledge of
membership and program inventory.
- Actively develops, educates and owns the knowledge base to
quickly respond to member, prospective member, and program member
- Take steps to building committed and connected relationships
with members, volunteers, and collaborative partners.
- Directly handles and resolves membership concerns and informs
supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED,
Blood-borne Pathogens, branch orientation, and Branch Emergency
- Achieve all required SPIRIT trainings as assigned. Apply and
utilize SPIRIT according to established guidelines as
- Maintains privacy requirements by not sharing personal
information about members including, but not limited to, phone
numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information,
or personal situations.
- Adhere to, and implement, all policies and procedures listed in
the training manual and as new policies are implemented.
- Communicate in a positive manner with members, guests, program
participants and volunteers. Provide appropriate assistance as
- Assist in annual branch Why It Matters Campaign. Achieve
individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Consistent display of the core values of honesty, respect,
caring, and responsibility when dealing with members, volunteers,
- Carry out other appropriate duties as prescribed by the
- Must be able to work at least 2 shifts per week regularly.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Quality Results
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a direct impact on the continued effectiveness of
the YMCA in the community as well as on its membership. This
effectiveness can be measured by:
1. The perceived quality of programs and services by the members
and the community based on verbal feedback.
2. Positive results related to Member Services on written surveys
and comment cards.
3. Excellent attendance.
4. Branches monthly retention goals.
Bending, stooping, standing, lifting, seeing, hearing, keyboard
Northeast Cobb YMCA
Keywords: Northeast Cobb YMCA, Marietta , Membership Representative II, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!