Principal WAN Automation Engineer
Posted on: October 11, 2021
What does a great Principal WAN Automation Engineer
The Principal WAN Automation Engineer is self-directed and
highly autonomous; detail oriented, possesses strong written and
verbal communication skills and has significant experience of
supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Network
Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Network Engineering,
Network Operations and development teams to automate and invent new
ways of operating our Enterprise Network. Excellent written and
verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently
with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to
work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In
addition to providing top-tier management and support, Network
Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine
operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet
the functional objectives of the business.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise Voice services
platforms to meet the functional objectives of the
- Researches, evaluates, and implements new advanced networking
and voice technologies.
- Seeks new technologies that would be applicable to the FDC
- Strong knowledge of the FDC network and voice infrastructure
(PBX/ACD/IVR) and ability to assess and implement
- Leads coordination efforts with both technical and
non-technical peer groups to determine requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external
customers possessing a wide range of technical
- Performs additional job duties as required.
- Responsibilities Automate select network operation tasks
through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in
- Support the operation our next generation data-center
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and
- Drive and support innovation from the NIC to the
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast,
smooth rollout of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully
compliant to those standards and policies.
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers Identify
and troubleshoot recurring platform issues.
- Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level
engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring
issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation
and maintenance of scripts and tools reduce the end-to-end cost of
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including
involvement in the formulation of a structured training
- Participation in entry level interviewing
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 8+ yrs of related IT experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate
- Has expert knowledge in functions they support.
- Strong understanding of business issues.
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented,
possesses strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an
ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative
environment is essential.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive
experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large-scale datacenter network
implementations and support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or
related technical discipline
- Software development skills are required, specifically in
Python with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, with
at least 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Graduate degree a plus.
Scope of Job
Leads complex business projects. Provides coaching and mentoring
to less experienced engineers.
Who We Are: Fiserv is a global leader in
commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six
million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118
countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are
dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s
largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and
processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9
trillion per year. Fiserv is committed to staying at the forefront
of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of
next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients
better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns
and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities
for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a
meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global
Fiserv’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology
functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our
technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a
critical contribution to ensuring that Fiserv retains its position
as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams
are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle.
Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise
that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide
range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation
commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce
ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through
their work in cyber-security
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Keywords: Fiserv, Marietta , Principal WAN Automation Engineer, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!