Patient Services Coordinator- LPN
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of
something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to
them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an
exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering
an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people
are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The Patient Services
Coordinator-LPN is directly responsible for
scheduling visits and communicating with field staff, patients,
physicians, etc. to maintain proper care coordination and
continuity of care. The role also assists with day-to-day
office and staff management
- Manages schedules for all patients. Edits schedule for agents
calling in sick, ensuring patients are reassigned timely.
Updates agent unavailability in worker console.
- Initiates infection control forms as needed, sends the HRD the
completed “Employee Infection Report” to upload in the worker
- Serves as back up during the lunch hour and other busy times
including receiving calls from the field staff and assisting with
weekly case conferences. Refers clinical questions to Branch
Director as necessary.
- Maintains the client hospitalization log, including entering
coordination notes, and sending electronic log to all office,
field, and sales staff.
- Completes requested schedule as task appears on the action
screen. Ensures staff are scheduled for skilled nurse/injection
visits unless an aide supervisory visit is scheduled in conjunction
with the injection visit.
- Completes requested schedules for all add-ons and applicable
- Schedules discharge visit / OASIS Collection or recert visit
following case conference when task appears on action screen.
- Schedules TIF OASIS collection visits and deletes remaining
- Reschedules declined or missed (if appropriate) visits.
- Processes reassigned and rescheduled visits.
- Ensures supervisory visits are scheduled.
- Runs all scheduling reports including Agent Summary Report and
Missed Visits Done on Paper Report.
- Prepares weekly Agent Schedules. Performs initial review of
weekly schedule for productivity / geographic issues and forwards
schedule to Branch Director for approval prior to distribution to
- Verifies visit paper notes in scheduling console as
- Assists with internal transfer of patients between branch
- If clinical, receives lab reports and assesses for normality,
fax a copy of lab to doctor, make a copy for the Case Manager, and
route to Medical Records Department. Initiate Employee / Patient
Infection Reports as necessary.
- If clinical, may be required to perform patient visits and / or
participate in on-call rotation.
- Be a Licensed Professional Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse
licensed in the state in which he / she practices
- Have at least 1 year of home health experience.
- Prior packet review / QI experience preferred.
- Coding certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if
- Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to
interact well with a diverse group of individuals, strong
organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters
are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Marietta , Patient Services Coordinator- LPN, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!