Day Camp Specialty Instructor - Creative Art
Company: YMCA Metro Atlanta
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Day Camp Lead, the Creative Arts
Instructor will be primarily responsible for supporting the Day
Camp program and for the successful achievement of providing
guidance, safety, leadership, values education and enjoyment for
children served by camp. The Creative Arts Instructor will be
instrumental in leading programming that is focuses on specialized
topics that will enrich the Creative Arts camp program. They are
responsible for implementing lesson plans focused on specific skill
development in a fun and engaging manner.
- High School Diploma in progress or completed.
- At least 2 years' experience in either performing arts (dance,
music, spoken word, drama, etc...) or visual arts (painting,
sketching, cartooning, creative writing, etc...)
- 1-2 years' experience working with children in a structured
- Required certifications current First Aid/CPR;must obtain any
other certifications required for the position.
- Complete PPE and safety protocol training prior to first
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to
service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check.
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation.
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout
- Perform COVID 19 safety procedures and all other necessary
protocols before, during, and post camp.
- To include: Personal temperature checks, camper and parent
temperature checks and prescreen questions, sanitation of camp
- Develop social distancing activities as needed.
- Implementation of programming that promotes social distancing
and Safety Protocol
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the
position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding day camp
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all day camp
programs run smoothly with a high level of service to
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR,Metro
Atlanta YMCA New Staff Orientation and Branch off-site Emergency
proceduresand any other required certifications and/or training
required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident
- Other duties as assigned.
- Turn in program plan to Day Camp Lead or Youth Development
Director prior to the start of camp week.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES BASED ON NEEDS SPECIFIC TO ROLE:
- Be able to maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff
- Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for
- Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children.
- Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to
- Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all
- Be able to participate effectively with other staff in
implementing creative and fun camp activities for camp.
- Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA
and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
- Communicate positively with parents and staff as required.
- Attend all staff camp trainings.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness
of the Day Camp program and the success of services to the
community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured
by the stated satisfaction of members and ensuring a safe, clean,
controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta
Ability to work actively while supervising children. Ability to
climb, walk, run, stoop, squat or kneel. Ability to lift and carry
equipment to appropriate destinations or affect the carrying of
such equipment. Ability to use senses which enable safe supervision
including seeing and/or hearing. It's fun to work in an
organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
Northeast Cobb YMCA
Keywords: YMCA Metro Atlanta, Marietta , Day Camp Specialty Instructor - Creative Art, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!