Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're transforming transportation and
logistics through technology, investing hundreds of millions every
year in IT. As the Senior Engineer, Business Intelligence, you'll
drive our strategy for business intelligence (BI) solutions and
reporting tools. You'll be capturing and analyzing the data that
ensures we stay at the top of our industry We take pride in helping
young professionals grow and learn. Become a technology leader by
building tomorrow's technology today.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Create business intelligence solutions by studying
informational needs, conferring with users, studying system flows,
data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas, and
following the development life cycle; comply with design and
- Interview business users to understand various data elements
- Participate in development optimization for reporting tools
through modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Implement Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes using SQL
Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Monitor ETL processes to ensure production is always up and
- Build reporting and BI tools using SQL Server Reporting
Services (SSRS) and Power BI
- Perform tasks using data warehouse methodologies and theories
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military
- 2 years of experience with reporting systems or a related
It'd be great if you also have:
- Ability to write SQL; experience with development in SQL Server
2012 or later
- Understanding of ETL concepts (especially SSIS)
- Understanding of Data Warehousing concepts
- SSRS report development, deployment and
- Basic knowledge of Power BI or other data visualization tools,
T-SQL stored procedures development, and source code control (Team
- Ability to perform tasks in support of unit testing,
integration testing and system-level testing
- Knowledgeable about new technologies and products with the
willingness to continue learning
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the
ability to identify and resolve problems
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Great verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, Engineer, Logistics, Supply,
SQL, Technology, Engineering, Operations
Apply now "