The Part Time
Teacher Aide is responsible for providing care for a group of
children as part of a teaching team.
Maintains a Safe and Healthy
- Promote healthy eating practices by eating with
- Share routine duties with other staff (supervision on
playground, toileting, cleanup,
- Assist in keeping room and other areas neat and
- Interact with children in activities he/she is
- Perform appropriate hand washing and sanitizing
- Demonstrates Physical & Cognitive
- Participate in child/teacherinitiated activities.
- Use equipment/materials to promote physical
- Implement planned activities.
- Engage children in learning activities
- Ensure that materials are prepared in advance of implementing
Supports Social and
Emotional Development and Provides Positive
- Facilitate handson
activities that develop selfesteem and social skills as identified on the lesson
- Demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity while interacting
- Use positive guidance techniques and
- Provide access to a wide variety of creative/expressive
- Follow classroom routines and provide smooth
- Encourage children to be independent in decision making and
- Greet children upon arrival and
- Show each child affection and attention
- Encourage children to problem solve and
- Help children work out problems by encouraging them to talk
about their feelings (anger,
sadness, fear, etc.)
and express them appropriately.
- Be willing to work with children who have special needs and
and Productive Relationships with
- Greet parents and other visitors with a smile and friendly
- Encourage parents to participate in the
Commitment to Professionalism
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend conference and inservice training.
- Make observable use of knowledge gained from
- Share new ideas and skills with other staff
- Promote the centers philosophy and educational
- Report to the Center Director before workday begins when
planning to be absent.
- Have a good attendance record.
- Report to classroom according to
- Follow center rules regarding breaks, telephones, clocking in
and out, etc.
- Be competent in required job skills and
- Exhibit ability to learn and apply new
- Keep current on developments in the field of
- Require minimal supervision.
- Use resources effectively.
- Display understanding of State Licensing
- Display understanding of NAEYC
- Display knowledge and understanding of Head Start Performance
- Display positive outlook and pleasant
- Coordinate and help supervise
substitutes and volunteers working in the
- Assists Lead Teacher in the assessment
of childrens progress.
- Display ability to work as a team
- Establish and maintains effective
relationships with center
- Actively work to resolve
- Be adaptable to
- Be able to sit on floor and get up/off floor without assistance
to interact with children.
- Ability to learn/use
- Hear children from a distance of at least 70
- Lift and carry at least 30lbs unassisted and 50lbs with
- Visually observe children from all areas of the classroom and
playground from a distance of at least 70
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma/GED
and 2 or more years of Early Childhood Education experience
with young children and 31 to 60 clock hours of state
AND one of the following:
CDA enroll within 12
mos. of hire
HS diploma plus course
Technical Certificate of
60 or more total hours
toward Bachelors, or completed BA/BS
The Teacher Aide may be required to lift and carry
children and equipment. Teacher will at times spend time
sitting on the floor or child sized furniture. The Teacher Aide
will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and
move throughout the community with children. The Teacher Aide
may come in contact with children who are ill and/or contagious,
and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all
children, parents, staff and themselves. The Teacher Aide will be
working in a busy and occasionally noisy environment where there
may be a number of activities and situations happening at
Performing General Physical Activities The Teacher
Aide will be expected to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of their arms and legs and moving their whole
body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and
handling of materials.
The pay range for this
job is commensurate with experience in the field of Early
Childhood Education and level of education. The range is
$8.50-$11.25 an hour.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent
with Sheltering Arms evaluation
This description may be
changed at any time. This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee. The employee will be required to follow any other
instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by
leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update,
revise or change this job description and related duties at any
Powered by JazzHR