The Project Analyst position provides day to day support to
project managers and supervisors to insure assigned projects are
properly set up, assigned and tracked appropriately throughout
their lifecycle. The Project Analyst must have a strong working
knowledge of both client and UCS work management and accounting
processes/systems in order to perform the functions of the role.
The role will have daily interaction with field and engineering
groups as well as client representatives.
Local candidates preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With limited supervision,
the incumbent will:
- Plays an active role in project analysis, project work flow and
assists in the preparation of deliverables to achieve defined
objectives to the satisfaction of the client and of
- Utilizes data gathering tools and methods to analyze and gather
data needed for project requirements.
- Supports the project team on project administration and process
improvements. Reviews and documents the requirements of a project
throughout its lifecycle. Provide lead support on local employee
relations activities, office functions, client functions, etc
- Ensures the entire project team completes the project within
its planned scope and schedule. Works with project team to
proactively identify issues and workable solutions affecting
project results and profitability.
- Enters necessary project information into the financial
accounting system to allow for accurate project coding, invoicing
and accounting and reviews field technician timesheets for accuracy
and operative time management.
- Facilitate effective project meetings (project kickoff, client
alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc.)
- Promote meaningful performance related feedback/input to
appropriate management and project team members
- Maintain proper levels of quality control and manage document
control on all project as required; including paper and electronic
filing and record keeping
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Non-routine; general polices applied to
frequently changing situations.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP: Influences decisions of
moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Required High school degree or GED.
Preferred Associates degree (AA or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school). In Engineering Technology or related
Experience 5-7 Year(s) Experience in distribution/utility or
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: None
A.Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B.Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. C.Ability to effectively present information in
one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.
1.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute
rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread
2.Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and
3.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
A.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Be well versed in the basic tenants of line construction and
- Must have a working knowledge of and adhere to the National
Electric Safety Code and the ability to recognize distribution
equipment and associated hazards.
- Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding
highly sensitive and proprietary information.
- Assures quality workmanship and on time delivery to the client
for all projects assigned.
- Supports the organization's vision and strategy and
demonstrates initiative and personal accountability to meet work
demands according to the highest standard.
- Exhibit organizational and planning skill
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
- Demonstrated management and business skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation,
vision, and direction
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical
activities? Stand Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) Walk Up to 1/3
(Occasionally) Sit 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently) Talk or Hear 1/3 to 2/3
(Frequently) Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls
1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently) Climb or balance None Stoop, Kneel, Crouch
or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) Reach with Hands and Arms Up to
1/3 (Occasionally) Taste or Smell None
B. Does this job require that weight be lifted or force to be
exerted? If so, how much and how often? Up to 10 Pounds Up to 1/3
Up to 25 Pounds Up to 1/3 Up to 50 Pounds None Up to 100 Pounds
None More than 100 Pounds None
C. Does this job have any special vision requirements? Check all
that apply. Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) Color Vision
(ability to identify and distinguish colors) Peripheral visions
(ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the
left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) Depth
Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances
and spatial relationships_ Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to
adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus) No Special
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Wet, humid conditions (non- weather)None
- Work near moving mechanical parts Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Work in high, precarious places None Fumes or airborne
- Toxic or caustic chemicals None
- Outdoor weather conditions Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
- Extreme cold (non-weather) None Extreme Heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock None
- Work with explosives None
- Risk of radiation None
- Vibration None
While performing this job, the noise level in the work
environment is (Select one): Moderate Noise (Examples: business
office with typewriters, and or computer printer, light