Container Platform Architect
Posted on: May 4, 2021
What does a great Container Platform Architect do?
The Container Platform Architecture team architects, builds, and
is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full
lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services for
our community of 20,000+ developers. Working as a member of this
small, agile team of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will
be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing,
and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Container
Platform’s roadmap. You will research and experiment with new
container-related technologies (after all, the CNCF landscape grows
daily) to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve
service stability/availability, and improve customer experience.
You will evangelize the container services by developing operations
and user best practices, contributing to the technical library, and
presenting to the user community to drive adoption.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a roadmap aligned with current and
emerging strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with development teams, product managers, business
leaders, engineering, operations teams and security teams to
identify and deliver features of value to the users and the
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps
practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle
including infrastructure and application uptime, availability,
time-to-market, and value flow for users
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services
platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating
workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high
availability, networking policy, service routing, observability,
integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container
platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous
delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to
enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a
secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by
business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root
cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of
observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts
such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing,
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to
ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling,
and cybersecurity services?as required in support of container
platform service requirements.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership
integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises with substantial
cybersecurity and regulatory requirements in a manner that is
easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering or
- Three years of experience working with container build and
- Two years of experience architecting, implementing, and
maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for
experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI
and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at
least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).?
- Five years of experience building and supporting?distributed
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting language,
with a strong preference?for?Go experience.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation
API’s using interface definition tools like Swagger.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and
concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including
bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Experience working with one or more CNI provider
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and
tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or
implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such
pipelines with source code and container image?scans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized
infrastructure logging?and observability?technologies, such?as
Splunk, Prometheus,?Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and
- Demonstrated understanding of?Public Key
Infrastructure.?Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a
- Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience
deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or
- Understanding of the?importance?of securing the software
supply?chain,?experience implementing automation in this space is a
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Travel required: Less than 10% in the future in line with
Fiserv COVID-19 guidelines to work with internal customers and
partners on requirements gathering, solutioning, and/or
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or
GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
- Experience with?.Net?core.
- Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with
Kubernetes Network policies
- Passionate about developing high quality technology and
process-driven solutions to business challenges.
- Passionate about technology and automation.
- Commitment to continued knowledge acquisition and to seeking
out opportunities to transfer knowledge and experience to others
throughout the enterprise.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we
know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we
are. We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re
Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates
proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their
customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they
need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money
and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500
company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies
for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and
purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with
Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv
is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Keywords: Fiserv, Marietta , Container Platform Architect, Other , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!