In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Patient
Care Technician is responsible for processing physician orders and
records appropriate information. Assists the registered nurse and
licensed practical nurse in the provision of patient care;
maintains communications within and between nursing units. Advises
hospital departments on patient activities. Exhibits the MHS
Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all
High School Diploma or GED required
Basic Life Support (BLS) required – will obtain during hospital
Interpersonal skills, clerical, numerical and manual dexterity,
color vision and near visual acuity
Proper lifting techniques and body mechanics
Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by
a high school diploma or GED
1. Performs hourly rounding.
2. Performs clerical functions including maintaining chart
order, answering telephones, and entering of written physician's
orders in Meditech.
3. Coordinates patient flow and flow of information in
collaboration with the charge nurse to maintain communication
4. Assists with all aspects of patient care and non-patient care
(i.e. cleanliness of unit, ordering of supplies) within their scope
of practice as assigned by RN and documents in Meditech as
5. Assists with patient/family teaching as appropriate.
6. Assists with the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
7. Enters daily outpatient and observation room charges.
8. Complies with all safety and infection control standards
related to position.
9. Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which
facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
10. Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others
by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
11. Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient,
family and self, based on empathy and trust.
12. Promotes a positive patient experience.
13. Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
14. Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the
scope of hospital policies.
15. Maintains open lines of communication between self and
16. Clarifies any unclear communication between members of the
17. Uses proper channels of authority in communicating
18. Assumes responsibility for own behavior.
19. Maintains compliance in RQI.
20. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as
1. Assists in all aspects of patient care and non-patient care
within their scope of practice.
2. Assist in the maintenance of: supplies/equipment/cleanliness
of the nursing unit.
3. Complies with all safety and infection control standards r/t
position of nurse aide.
4. Maintains open lines of communication between self and
5. Provides patient care as assigned by charge nurse/team
6. Assists with teaching the patient/family/significant
7. Assists in the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
8. Assists surgical staff (professional/technical).
9. Completes required competencies.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as
The Memorial Health System is a not-for-profit health system
governed by a volunteer board of community members that are
committed to providing comprehensive services that meet the needs
of our region. We work in innovative ways to meet the healthcare
challenges of today, while preparing for the health needs of our
communities in the future. Our dedicated physicians, nurses,
technicians and support staff work to provide compassionate,
patient-centered care with some of the most advanced technology and
treatment options available in healthcare today.
Memorial Health System is comprised of a network of two
hospitals with a freestanding emergency department, four surgery
centers, two cancer centers, and primary care and specialty clinics
throughout the region. With our mission to bring a full continuum
of health services, provided with excellence, to the communities
within the region, we strive to reach our vision to be an
unparalleled service leader and the region’s preferred provider of
- Marietta Memorial Hospital is a 199-bed trauma level 3
hospital with an emergency department, two surgery centers,
physician offices, and Strecker Cancer Center located in Marietta,
- Selby General Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital
with an emergency department and a focus on providing orthopedic
care to patients with a surgery center and inpatient rehabilitation
- Belpre Medical Campus comprised of a freestanding emergency
department and a variety of outpatient services such as pain
management, oncology, endoscopy, IV therapy, and physical therapy,
just to name a few.
- Wayne Street Medical Campus is a physician office complex that
provides ease and convenience to patients to obtain services from
primary care to specialties such as audiology, ENT, pediatrics,
OB/GYN and allergy and immunology.
As our services continue to grow, so does our need for
experienced registered nurses. We are looking for skilled,
compassionate nurses that exude our Standards of Excellence to:
Seek to understand needs and strive to exceed expectations
Keep the patient at the center of everything we do
Treat all people with courtesy and respect
Show care and compassion in everything we do and say
Connect with every person to build a trusting relationship
To find out more about our health system, please visit us at