Systems Engineer, Sr - Mainframe
Posted on: August 28, 2020
What does a great Systems Engineer, Sr do?The primary purposes
of the Sr Systems Engineer in z/OS Performance are analyzing the
performance and capacity of z/OS systems, performance of services
and application processes, preparing capacity forecasting reporting
on a monthly basis for z/OS Mainframe systems, and providing global
z/OS Performance support for all of Fiserv's mainframe
installations.As a Systems Engineer, Sr you can look forward to
- Estimating and recommending the resource needs to support
planned software/hardware upgrades.
- Verifying the correct operation of z/OS operating system and
- Validating correct performance of features supporting the Data
Center's Parallel Sysplex.
- Analyzing the Sysplex configuration for proper performance by
studying appropriate RMF reports.
- Identifying the workload delayed, and the reason for the
- Identifying performance problems, evaluating appropriate
cost-effective changes, predicting the effect of those changes, and
then implementing them.
- Defining and adjusting WLM performance goals of workloads based
on business needs.
- Analyzing I/O configuration and subsystems considering the
performance implication of the interactions of the components.
- Defining and implementing WLM service definitions based on SLA
and following Change Control process.
- Customizing RMF facilities to monitor workload performance and
- Analyzing WLM and adjusting WLM service policy following Change
Control process to ensure server level agreements are reached.
- Using RMF III Interactive Performance Analysis to isolate and
fix system degradation problems.
- Analyzing CICS, WebSphere, IIB, MQ, and other online subsystems
transactions to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are
met.Basic Qualifications for Consideration
- 6--years' hands-on experience supporting z/OS Capacity and
Performance processes and solutions such as WLM, RMF, RMF Monitor
III, and RMF Post Processor
- At least five years working knowledge of internal working
knowledge of z/OS and systems such as DB2, CICS, MQ, and CFs
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Management or related
fieldPreferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of JCL, SAS/WPS and REXX or Python highly
desirableLearn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does,
we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services" But
we are. We help people and businesses move money and information
every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial
institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another,
millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to
move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a
FORTUNE--- 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most
Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed
to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities
of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.We welcome
and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal
Keywords: Fiserv, Marietta , Systems Engineer, Sr - Mainframe, IT / Software / Systems , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!