CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells HE
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY
- Location: Life University - 1269 Barclay Circle Life University
Marietta, GA 30060. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T schedule available; open availability preferred.
Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous experience is preferred. Willing to
- Perks: Free shift meals and free chiropractic treatments.
- Starting pay: $17.00 per hour*Internal Employee Referral Bonus
AvailableWe Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
1118705. The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that
helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency
varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or
HELP for help. Terms and conditions: At over 300 colleges and
universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is
re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging
the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech,
food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote
meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward
difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds
and prepare students for success. We are seeking hungry, humble and
smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse
organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us
and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Helps Executive Chef prepare and cook foods. Coordinates
activities of cooks and other food-service associates. Assumes
responsibility for kitchen and food-service associates in the
absence of Executive Chef. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares food following approved recipes and
production standards. Ensures all deadlines are met based on
- Supervises hourly food service associates. Includes
interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling,
participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state
and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and
maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply
with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly,
service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies.
Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs
supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:1118705Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells HE, Marietta , CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!