Med Tech / Shift Supervisor
Company: The Solana East Cobb
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Are you looking for a career that brings fulfillment and the joy
of helping others? The Arbor Company, one of the country's leading
providers of upscale senior living communities, is looking for
skillful and compassionate people to join our team!:Why Arbor?
- A certified Great Place to Work -: we are recognized for our
positive culture. 80% of our team members say they love working
- "Arbor Cares": we assist team members who are experiencing
- "The Grove": we provide a platform to recognize, reward, and
communicate with our team members - including discounts for many
travel, event, and shopping websites.
- Continued Learning programs help our team members grow in their
- Tuition reimbursement helps full-time team members finance
- A free meal on every shift allows our team members to enjoy our
residents' dining experience.:STATEMENT OF JOB:The Med Tech/Shift
Supervisor will store, set up, administer and maintain records for
all medicines dispensed to residents in accordance with the
established policies and procedures of the community under the
direct supervision of the Resident Care Director. In the absence of
the Resident Care Director, the Med Tech/Shift Supervisor assumes
supervisory responsibility for the Resident Care staff and
department. The Med Tech/Shift Supervisor will promote hospitality
and deliver a high level of customer service at all times following
the Arbor Service Way.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Medication Management
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications
according to company policies and procedures and state
- Perform Blood Glucose Monitoring tests, record results on Blood
Glucose Log and follow orders for insulin as directed, in
accordance with state regulatory criteria.
- Complete a count of controlled substances with oncoming shift.
Document accurate count or promptly report discrepancy in drug
count to the Resident Care Director.
- Assist with maintaining a neat and orderly Wellness Center,
including managing resident health records, supplies and
- Maintain security protocols for securing medications and
supplies. Carry keys at all times when on duty.
- Resident Care
- Assist with resident care delivery and duties as needed. Serve
as a role model for Resident Assistants using appropriate
- Use Positive Physical Approach and ensure that resident care
staff use Positive Physical ** Approach in interactions with
residents, families and each other.
- Provide simple first aid to residents as needed.
- Observe residents for any mental or physical changes in
condition and take appropriate action including notifying the
Resident Care Director, family and physician.
- Assist with the identification of all at-risk residents (falls,
elopement, skin impairment) and provide necessary, timely
interventions under the direction of the Resident Care
- Maintain Resident's Rights while providing care.
- Follow Standard Precautions policy using proper protective
equipment and handwashing as needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Promote a team concept with care staff in all areas of the
- Provide Pocket Worksheet assignments to Resident Assistants at
the start of each shift Adjust assignments as needed based on
residents needs and number of care staff on duty
- Ensure that all work assignments are completed according to
schedule and that job duties are carried out in a safe and
effective manner, including attendance in Dining Room.
- Ensure all Resident Care staff carry pagers and respond to
resident calls for assistance in a timely manner. Assist with
answering calls as necessary.
- Document and report all job-related injuries to the Resident
Care Director immediately.
- Assist supervisor by providing input in performance appraisals
of Resident Assistants.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff including
training on new policies and procedures as directed by the Resident
- Document staff absences and tardiness and communicate those to
Resident Care Director.
- Provide leadership and oversee communication in the absence of
the Resident Care Director or when directed by the Resident Care
Keywords: The Solana East Cobb, Marietta , Med Tech / Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!