RN Assistant Nurse Mgr ED
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
ResponsibilitiesAt Wellstar, not one patient, symptom or
treatment plan is the same-even in an emergency. The new,
state-of-the-art emergency department (ED) at Wellstar Kennestone
delivers quality and compassionate care to every patient, every
time and:Level I Emergency Cardiac Care Center - Comprehensive,
Personalized Emergency Care; ensures patients get the expert
treatment in time to save lives, reduce disability and improve
quality of life.Level II Trauma Center - Prompt, Compassionate
Trauma Care - Level II Trauma Center with separate ambulance
entrance for faster diagnosis, treatment and direct CT access when
minutes matter.Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center -
Expert, Advanced Stroke Care - Joint Commission designated
Comprehensive Stroke Center ready to receive and treat the most
complex cases.Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Cardiac
Center Kid-Focused Emergency Care - Dedicated pediatric emergency
department, specifically designed with young patients in mind.
- The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a registered professional
nurse who provides support and works in conjunction with the nurse
manager of a specific unit(s) or service.
- He/she is viewed as aspiring to be a nurse manager and through
this role to learn additional knowledge and skills through
experience and mentoring by the nurse manager and the
- The assistant nurse manager must possess very good skills in
communication and teamwork and serve as a mentor for others while
learning the responsibilities of his/her role.
- Together with the nurse manager, the assistant nurse manager
uses his/her knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a
center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and
clinical and businessoutcomes.
- The assistant nurse manager upholds the nurse manager's
direction and actively leads staff in the performance of their
daily activities and participates in their performance reviews, as
well as coaching and counseling as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, holds staff
accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective
communication, observation, and the management and measurement of
specific interventions/practices and their associated
- This key leader plays a significant role in assisting the nurse
manager in achieving clinical and financial goals along with
management of human/material resources as delegated.
- He/she also plays a pivotal role in staff recruitment,
mentoring and retention.
- He/She models the way to foster teamwork and collaboration with
physicians, staff, patients and other departments.
- Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and
functions are based on Professional Practice Model, 5 Star Nursing.
- It is expected that all RN Assistant Nurse Managers are
licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as
outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and
implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put
forth by the American Nurses Association.
- As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the
individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and
procedures while supporting service excellence
goals.QualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
- Must hold Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited
nursing school; Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from
accredited nursing school. Required Minimum
- Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of
- BLS & ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- National certification in nursing administration
preferred.Required Minimum Experience:
- (3) Three years of clinical experience required and
- Management experience/ experience as a Charge Nurse/ other
nurse leader role highly preferred Required Minimum Skills:
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication
skills and relationship building; desires to see progressive
nursing management roles and enjoys/seeks opportunities to coach
and mentor others.
- Seeks to learn and demonstrate progressive skills in the
business of managing a patient care unit or service by obtaining
the commitment and productivity of nursing staff.
- Must be a continuous learner who seeks to better understands
health care financing; strategy and operations for running a
business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to
support work processes and make decisions.
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage
the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and
focused on quality and safety.
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude to achieve knowledge of risk
management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Marietta , RN Assistant Nurse Mgr ED, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...