Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Surgery
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2022
OverviewHow would you like to work in a place where your
contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve
with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At
Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the
health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to
have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest
professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the
healthcare industry, and in people's lives.ResponsibilitiesThe
Cardiovascular OR Specialty Nurse is responsible for implementing
the nursing process based on expanded knowledge and experience. The
nurse is responsible for providing patient care that is age
appropriate, and addresses the biological, emotional,
developmental, psychosocial and educational needs of the patient
and family/support system.The Cardiovascular OR Specialty Nurse is
responsible for delivering patient care in complex, multiple
problem, urgent, emergent and life saving situations. In addition,
this nurse coordinates surgical suite activities, prioritizes and
directs surgical team in emergent situations with ease. She
participates and coordinates staff development and professional
self-development. This nurse is a role model and team leader who
assists others in performing their responsibilities of patient care
and organization support and is self-directed.Functions in a full
time position during peak surgery hours.Weekday, weekend and
holiday call required.Some charge nurse responsibilities may be
required.QualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
- The qualified Cardiovascular OR Specialty Nurse is a licensed
Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.Required Minimum
- Five years of recent Cardiovascular OR experience.
- Competent in functioning independently in multiple complex
cardiac procedures and in lifesaving situations.
- Sufficient experience in a cardiovascular specialty to function
in the team leader role and to serve as a resource to peers.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in circulating role.
- Dual role of srub and circulating preferred. Required Skills:
- The Cardiovascular O.R. Specialty Nurse demonstrates a thorough
knowledge of new trends and techniques in Cardiovascular
- Ability to multi-task using critical thinking skills
anticipates surgeon's as well as surgical team's needs.
- Capable of prioritizing appropriate patient care in emergency
- Current CPR certification and participates in annual safety and
infection control programs.
- Emergency call coverage is required for weekdays, weekends and
- Attendance and punctuality must be commendable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand verbal
and written English language.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a clear, courteous,
professional and tactful manner especially in stressful
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Basic keyboarding skills required.
- Flexible in hours and work shifts due to need of continued
- Must be available for call on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In
return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all
life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is
designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your
Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty
simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for
the community. Make a difference in patients' lives and your own!
Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Marietta , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Surgery, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!