Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Orthopedic Trauma
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: June 22, 2022
OverviewHow would you like to work in a place where your
contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve
with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At
Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the
health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to
have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest
professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the
healthcare industry, and in people's lives.ResponsibilitiesThe
Certified Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the
Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse
Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and
symptoms inadvance. Provides care for the patient under the
physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams,
assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care
and recording treatment in themedical record. Assists with
explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates
competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including
neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatricpopulations.
Performs other duties as necessary.QualificationsRequired Minimum
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which
the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
preferred.Required Minimum Certification:
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing
body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and
maintained Medical Assistant Credential.
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart
Association, prior to hire date.Required Minimum Experience:
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred.
- Specific experience in practice specialty may be
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient
comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English
language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care
and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the Wellstar
Credo and Code of Conduct. We'd like to invite you on a career
journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help
you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job.
Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total
well-being, including: -Your Wellness, -Your Pay, -Your Future,
-Your Joy. - We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team
members and our team members care for the community. Make a
difference in patients' lives--- and your own! Here, it's more than
healthcare - it's CareerCare!
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Marietta , Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Orthopedic Trauma, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!