Circulating Nurse - Great schedule/work life balance!
Company: Marietta Eye Clinic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are actively recruiting for an OR Circulator to join our
surgical team (willing to train). If you want to join a growing
practice with a commitment to excellent patient care, a
family-oriented work environment, and attractive scheduling hours
and perks, apply now! SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE Summary of
Responsibilities:--Registered nurse who, under the immediate
supervision of the ASC Director, is responsible for the safety of
the patient while in the surgical suite and assists with the
supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area.--By
assessment of the individual patient and procedure, he/she
anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such
services while maintaining an aseptic and safe
environment.--Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates patient care as needed with staff in surgery
- Insures care of patient through proper identification, checking
of chart, and reporting of changes in condition.
- Performs scrub duties as necessary.
- Supervises and assists scrub nurse as necessary.
- Position patient, prepare operative area, and adjust table to
proper position according to standard policies.
- Meet current documentation standards and policies.
- Review surgeon preference cards for desired medications and
verifies same with surgeon.
- Provides patient with explanation and verbal reassurance
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes in the patient and
takes action immediately.
- Perform follow-up with physician office and/or patient
concerning patient post op status.
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of procedures,
policies, and standards.
- Must have working knowledge of sterile techniques (gloving,
prep, scrub table, field, dropping items on scrub table, etc.)
- Complete all OR documentation according to company policy
- Proficient in using OR equipment
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Duties and
responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at
the discretion of management, formally or informally, either
verbally or in writing.Competencies:
- Exceptional human relations skills
- Ability to create a trustworthy and comfortable environment for
- Ability to work with interruptions and to manage multiple
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Ability to function as part of a dynamic work team.
- Must demonstrate a positive work attitude, work habits at all
- Ability to organize and prioritize timeMinimum Background
- Minimum of One (1) year experience as operating room
nurse/acute care nurse preferred.
- Membership and participation in professional organization
- Current Georgia Licensure--
- PALS Certification
Keywords: Marietta Eye Clinic, Marietta , Circulating Nurse - Great schedule/work life balance!, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!