Post Anesthesia Care Nurse
Company: Marietta Eye Clinic
Posted on: January 12, 2022
We are hiring a Pre-Op/PACU Nurse to joinour team at Marietta
Eye Clinic Surgery Center located in Marietta, GA. If you want to
join a growing practice with a commitment to excellent patient
care, a family-oriented work environment, and attractive benefits
and perks, apply now! SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLESummary:Registered
professional nurse who, under the immediate supervision of the
Director of Surgical Services, is responsible for the safety of the
patient while in the preoperative phase and assists with the
supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area.By assessment
of the individual patient and procedure, he/she anticipates the
needs of the surgical team and provides such services while
maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.Essential Job
- Coordinates patient care as needed with staff in surgery
- Maintains supplies and equipment for preoperative, PACU and
- Provides patient with explanation and verbal reassurance
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes in the patient and
takes action immediately.
- Continually assesses and reassesses pain, providing measures to
eliminate pain as ordered or appropriate for patient.
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of procedures,
policies, and standards.
- Must be proficient in starting Intravenous Lines.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail with chart
- Administer medication per standing protocols.
- Identify and communicate change of condition to the appropriate
- Immediately report any unusual occurrences to the Director of
Surgical Services and/or Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Duties and
responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at
the discretion of management, formally or informally, either
verbally or in writing.Competencies:
- Exceptional human relations skills
- Ability to create a trustworthy and comfortable environment for
- Ability to work with interruptions and to manage multiple
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Ability to function as part of a dynamic work team.
- Must demonstrate a positive work attitude, work habits at all
- Ability to organize and prioritize timeMinimum Education
- Current Georgia Registered Nurse Licensure
- PALS CertificationMinimum Background Requirements:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as preoperative nurse or
acute care setting preferred
- Membership and participation in professional organization
Keywords: Marietta Eye Clinic, Marietta , Post Anesthesia Care Nurse, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!