Director of Nursing DON
Company: Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Director of Nursing DON - $5,000 SIGN ON
BONUS!Summary/ObjectivePlan, coordinate and manage the nursing
department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and
evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents.
Ensure quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory
standards. May be designated to assume responsibilities of daily
operations of the facility in the Administrator's absence.Essential
- Ensure nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate
resident/patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget for facility.
- Monitor monthly performance of nursing services in relation to
budget and intervenes as needed.
- Schedule and perform resident/patient rounds to monitor and
evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Maintain administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care
and of medications and treatments.
- Recruit, hire, provide orientation/training, and retains a
sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs
- Ensure employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and
periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement the written staffing plan and nursing
schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and resident
- Ensure all required records are maintained and submitted, as
appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Evaluate current and potential residents and patients to ensure
facility can provide appropriate level of care.
- Evaluate market studies and develops clinical programs to meet
the needs of the community.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with facility
Medical Director ensuring programs and care services meet the needs
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Manage clinical aspects of state or federal government survey
- Other duties may be assigned.Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory
experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.Supervisory
ResponsibilitySupervises nursing staff and others for whom they are
administratively or professionally responsible.Physical DemandsMay
be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee
is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach
with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally
exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles
and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law,
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions for the
- Participate in (or conduct) company-sponsored training to
safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's
protected health information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures
and state and federal law.
Keywords: Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center, Marietta , Director of Nursing DON, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!