Resident Companion (CNA)
Company: Private Healthcare Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job DescriptionSterling Estates is looking for individuals who
possess the caring heart to work with our seniors. The position
will assist our residents with personal care, nurturing them with
encouragement, and promoting their independence. We have full-time
positions available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts for compassionate,
energetic, flexible, and reliable CNAs.--JOB SUMMARYThe Resident
Companion provides assistance to residents allowing them to
maintain dignity, personal independence and self- fulfillment.He/
She will help residents with activities of daily living, which
include, but are not limited to: assistance with bathing, dressing,
ambulation, and monitoring of medication.EDUCATIONMust have a
current CNA license, a CMA license is a plus. Must be able to read,
write and follow oral and written instructions. Previous experience
preferred.QUALIFICATIONSSuccessful candidates will possess
excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to
demonstrate patience and maturity in difficult situations, be
confident of skills and have a willingness to learn new procedures.
Successful candidates must possess the ability to take on multiple
responsibilities within the community and be able to work together
as a team to share their genuine compassion and care with those for
whom we are privileged to work.--
- Must be physically able to carry out duties.
- Must have some knowledge in the use of cleaning devices such as
brooms, mops, buffers, and other cleaning equipment.
- Must have an understanding of standard procedures used in
laundry services for residents and in caring for clothes, linens,
equipment and supplies.
- Has an interest in learning, and ability to cooperate, and is
willing to work under supervision.
- Must be able to work up to (40) forty hours per week, working
weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships.
- Is of good emotional, mental, and physical health having sound
judgment and high standards.
- Is willing and capable of providing emergency care as needed
for any resident in the community.
- Is courteous in working with residents, families, and
- Has and maintains a neat, well-groomed appearance at all
- Has a desire to work with senior resident and their current and
- Must be in the community ready to begin assigned duties on time
and as scheduled.
- Must be willing to work preferred shifts as scheduled and
assist on other shifts as needed to assure adequate staffing to
meet the needs of each resident.
- Must demonstrate ability to function as a cooperative team
member with each resident and employee.
- Must display ability to adapt to on-the-job training and adhere
to standards of the community providing personal care services,
assisting residents and caring for equipment and supplies.
- Must be able and willing to function appropriately in a
disaster or evacuation of the community.
- Must have a pre- employment and an annual Tuberculosis
- Always puts the team first- the team is comprised of residents
- Attitude is everything.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Attends in-services and training programs as scheduled.
- Perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Performs tasks with due consideration for residents in
- Maintains assigned area in clean and orderly condition.
- Works under close supervision performing simple, standardized
- Assists in dining room as assigned. Offers assistance to
residents as needed.
- Answers emergency response system timely.
- Encourages and motivates residents to participate in
recreational and social activities.
- Cooperates with other personnel to be sure residents are of
prime importance to all members of the staff.
- Assists new staff members in orientation as needed throughout
the shift.--Company DescriptionWorking in Senior Living means being
part of a community - employees and residents - striving toprovide
the best in senior living, speaking boldly about new ideas for
innovation, and inspiring creativityin the ways we live and work
together. That's what our Sterling Estates culture is all
Keywords: Private Healthcare Company, Marietta , Resident Companion (CNA), Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!