Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: October 11, 2020
OverviewThe WellStar Vascular Institute offers patient-focused
care, minimally invasive treatment options and concentrated
expertise. WellStar Vascular Institute including surgery and
interventional radiology. Both diagnostic and interventional
radiology nurses are vital members of the radiology team, providing
patient care during diagnostic and minimally invasive, image-guided
procedures used to treat a wide array of cardiovascular,
neurovascular, and peripheral vascular conditions. Interventional
radiology involves using imaging guidance (fluoroscopy, CTs,
ultrasounds, x-rays, and MRIs) to guide tiny catheters and wires
throughout the bodys vascular system.
At WellStar, we all share common goals. Thats what makes us so
successful and such an integral part of our communities. We want
the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for
our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in
Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the
communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care
models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Signficiant Sign-On Bonus and Relocation assistance offered for
qualified experienced RNs.ResponsibilitiesThe Registered Nurse (RN)
- Interventional 3 functions under the direction of the Site
Manager. He/she is responsible for performing a wide variety of
clinical procedures requiring independent judgement, ingenuity and
initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis
and/or treatment of diseases.
The registered nurse is responsible for implementing the nursing
process based on expanded knowledge and experience. The nurse is
responsible for providing patient care with an understanding and
awareness of age specific needs. Addresses the biological,
emotional, developmental, psychosocial and patient/family education
needs in providing care to the patient and family.
The nurse is able to independently perform job functions.
- Assist physicians during diagnostic procedures, responding to
emergency situations, assessing new treatments, giving meds, and
- Inserting and removing intravenous lines
- Administering conscious sedation drugs and other drugs
- Monitoring patient patterns and vital signs during the
- Ensures that patient data is updated and accurate to ensure
continuity of care
- Function as an integral member of the radiology team
- Work in partnership with the health time to implement standards
of care during the pre-, intra-, and post-procedure phase
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school (BSN Preferred)
- Strong Cardiac/Critical Care background
- Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology experience preferred
Must be collaborative and flexible working in a close team
environmentQualificationsRequired Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved School of Nursing.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Holds a current RN license in the State of Georgia. (NIHSS)
Neuro certification required or obtained with 1 month of hire AND
AORN certification or Peri-operative certification.
- BLS and ACLS.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in either ICU / CCU /ER/
IMCU and/ or 1 year Peri-operative experience.
Required Minimum Skills:
- The individual must be able to communicate and understand
verbal and written English language and display a positive
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We
also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and
advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Marietta , Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!