Clinical & Operational Risk Manager
Company: Wellstar Health System, Inc.
Posted on: September 10, 2023
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- 1. Clinical and Operational Risk Managementa. Assists in the
development and implementation of risk control plans to enhance
patient safety, minimize risk exposures, and reduce losses.b.
Coordinates the clinical and operational risk management program.c.
Develops learning plan to educate Wellstar leaders on proactive
risk management.d. Reviews and analyzes all event reporting reports
for risk management and quality of care concerns.e. Conducts
investigations into risk management matters.f. Prepares various
incident reports g. Maintains database of risk management matters
and investigations.h. Assists with peer review process and
completion of safety solutions, in partnership with other
departments and team members.i. Identifies organizational risk
trends through analysis of incident, incident letters, and reports.
j. Provides on-site support for regulatory investigations, reviews,
and surveys. k. Develops learning plan to educate Wellstar leaders
on proactive risk management.l. Review's Wellstar policies and team
member training materials to ensure consistency with Wellstar's
risk prevention strategies. m. Stays informed about trends, best
practices, and regulatory requirements related to clinical and
operational risk management matters.n. Provides rotating 24x7
on-call responsibility to field inquiries and support needs from
Wellstar leaders on risk management and other concerns.o. Conducts
regular rounding with facility/medical group leadership.Required
for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of
work, and code of conduct. -QualificationsRequired Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree Required and
- BSN PreferredRequired Minimum Experience
- Minimum 2 years RN or clinician with at least two years
clinical experience Required and
- Minimum 2 years medical claims experience and/or risk
management/quality assurance principles in the healthcare setting
- Working knowledge of the medical/legal process, professional
liability insurance, claims administration and insurance program
management in healthcare. RequiredRequired Minimum Skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be self-motivating and capable of effectively
communicating with physicians, patients, staff and attorneys.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the healthcare system
and utilize discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must have an insatiable desire to make things better.Required
Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Preferred 1.00
- RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Preferred 1.00
- Cert Prof Healthcare Risk Mgt Preferred
- Legal Nurse Consultant Cert PreferredAdditional Licenses and
Keywords: Wellstar Health System, Inc., Marietta , Clinical & Operational Risk Manager, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!