Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Job Code: SAS2
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has an exciting opportunity for an
e3 business operating system team member in our Alpharetta, GA
operations. e3 provides a common language, processes, and metrics
across the enterprise and includes regular reviews and performance
metrics to drive continuous improvement. Every employee in every
function and in every aspect of the organization uses e3 every day
of the year as part of their job.
The SAS e3 team strives for operational excellence across all
business and functional areas and processes by deploying Lean tools
and/or Six Sigma principles. The e3 team plays an active role in
driving accelerated operating and financial performance through
continuous process improvement and execution of breakthrough
The selected candidate will work closely with assigned Sector e3
resources and enterprise organizations to manage the execution of
strategic continuous improvement initiatives. This senior
professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge
of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with
general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function
to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and
procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems
and processes. Works to achievement of operational targets and
strategic operating plans with direct impact on the departmental
- Collaborate with Sector, Manufacturing, Test, Quality, Supply
Chain, Program Management and/or functional organizations / teams
through L3Harris e3 strategy, lean continuous improvement strategy,
associated projects, and kaizen events to achieve maximum
effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
- Works under general supervision.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job
- May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and
training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the
delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Work consists of making moderate to substantial improvement or
enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are complex
and may require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and
investigation to understand the problem.
- Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs, projects,
and assigned financial-key performance indicators.
- Knowledge and application of lean/six sigma tools, principals,
and problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department
and may occasionally have responsibility for communicating with
parties external to the organization.
- Explains and interprets processes and procedures to others
within and outside the job area.
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements
to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness
of job area.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general
and may require understanding of broader set of issues.
- Proficient knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Green
Belt and/or Black Belt certified.
- Requires strong knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience. Typically
viewed as having a specialty within discipline.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related
- Ability to obtain security clearance may be required. Preferred
- Effective presentation and meeting skills is preferred.
- Proficiency leading continuous improvement projects.
- Experience in project management, analytical skills, financial
and business acumen is preferred.
- Ability to coach, provide guidance, training to
- Self-starter, action oriented, "can do" attitude, resourceful,
and team focused. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Marietta , Continuous Improvement Manager, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!