Company: Pike Nurseries
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Title: *Site Manager
*Locations: Marietta Pike Farms*
*Status: *Full Time / Salary Exempt
*Reporting Relationships: * General Manager
*Work Schedule: * Hours will vary by season. This position may
require weekend work.
*"Come Play in the Dirt"*
Pike Nurseries has been serving residents in the Southeast for
nearly 60 years. Pike Nurseries is recognized as a leader in the
Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best
selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. With
Pike's sister brand, Armstrong Garden Centers, in California, the
company is considered to be the largest independent garden center
company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive
program includes management and operational training including a
horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of
knowledge to be successful with us.
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Managing, motivating and training of all Farm associates
* Works with retail stores to help resolve shipping and service
* Manage schedule and workload for all associates
* Manage Day to day operations (coordinate shipping/pulling orders,
production placement, etc)
* Logistics and trucking (coordinating trucking schedules to the
stores, returned material, communicating with off office staff on
transfers of materials, managing drivers and warehouse )
* Transfers material between locations coordinating with support
* Addresses all performance-based issues with employees in a timely
manner for development and growth purposes and disciplinary action,
if necessary, with approval of General Manager and Human
* Performs yearly performance evaluations for all associates twice
* Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
*Other Skills, Abilities, & Qualifications: *
* High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.
* Highly self-motivated and flexible.
* Strong communication skills.
* Management experience.
* Strong Computer Skills
* Has the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet
* Has the ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
* Has strong ability to train others.
* Is able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
* Is able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
* Is able to multi-task.
*Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and
* Two year degree in Horticultural or Agricultural Business or
related field or 5 years of horticulture experience.
*Compensation -* We have great benefits! (Benefits available to
* Major medical, dental, and group benefits
* Paid holidays and paid vacation
* Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* 30% Employee Discount
* Salary is commensurate with experience
*Physical Environment/Working Conditions- *Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands
for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling,
pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted
lifting limits up to 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any
or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an
emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day.
The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some
inside building activity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Marietta, GA 30062: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pike Nurseries, Marietta , Site Manager, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!