Director of Site Based Service Operations
Company: Vanderlande Industries Inc
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Director of Site Based Service Operations
As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North
America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand.
Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system
manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems
employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology.
Vanderlande's customers are household names in e-commerce, package
delivery, and air transportation.
The Director of Site Based Service Operations, Warehouse Solutions
North America, ensures that the Company's portfolio of service
accounts are executed in a manner which enhances the Company's
reputation as the global leader for value-added services in the
warehouse segment. The Director is responsible for the performance
of maintenance and operations on all (SBS) site(s).
This position ensures that the growth and development of the
Services department is aligned with the long-term strategic goals
of the Company and needs of Key Customers. The Director manages
strategic relationships and drives value for Customers.
Vanderlande's Total Life Cycle Services portfolio includes
operations, maintenance, process optimization, upgrades and
modifications throughout the logistic process & automation life
cycle. The Director also enhances organizational development by
showing leadership, demonstrating Company Values, and ensuring
quality and professionalism. The incumbent will report to the V.P.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Manages the execution of a high number of service contracts/
sites/departments with a high organizational complexity on an
operational and commercial level (contract volume 20+ mill.)
- Manages a group of over 250 FTE's, performing a wide variety of
interrelated multidisciplinary service activities or manages a
smaller group at highly complex Key Accounts.
- General management of (inc. set up of) O&M contract site(s)
and / or other service contracts in North America: Personnel,
Operations, Service, Quality, Finance, Subcontracts and Customer
- Responsible for the overall operational and financial
performance of the North American Warehouse Service Sites.
- Serve as a proactive leader and problem solver, coaching and
mentoring direct and "dotted line" reports.
- Actively develops Service Managers to further grow the
Vanderlande Service business in NA.
- Manages stakeholder relationships up to senior management level
- Customer and Vanderlande.
- Work with the VP of Services and VP of Project Sales in
developing & implementing the strategic direction of the service
- Represent the North American Service group during the sales
process for future Warehouse Site Based Service Accounts
- Develops executive management relationships in the market and
decision makers of the customers.
- Understanding the customer's service business, processes and
values, anticipate this with the aim to offer a value adding
service proposition, which will exceed the current operations in
the customer's value chain.
- Develops new ways of execution the local service way of
working, supply chains, tooling, etc. to generate more business and
- Actively creates and steers business investments with
- Develops and pursues profitable business leads to achieve
planned order intake and profit levels for warehousing
- Lead communication with colleagues in other Customer Centers to
exchange best practices and to contribute to the overall
improvement of VI service delivery and our customer's operation and
- Engages in successful implementation of the global service
strategy and is mature sparring partner for the decision makers CC
Managing Directors/board of directors.
- Continuous development of the Vanderlande (SBS) Service
- Support with startup of new onsite team(s), prepares and set-up
of service contracts.
- Management of incidents (external & internal). Coordination of
resources and communication during major incidents
- Budget control and evaluation. Monitor, review and report
monthly financials to ensure budget
contribution margins are met.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reports including reporting
- Promote Accident Free workplace principles, ensure compliance
with all VI Safety programs and requirements, and show leadership
in promoting Safety.
- Realizes integration with other relevant multi-functional
Required Education and Experience:
- 10-15+ years' Service Management experience in the
industrial/facilities industry (North American & International
experience a plus)
- Bachelor/ Master degree
- Entrepreneur, people manager and a good communicator, who
develops long term customer relationships and/or networks.
- Background in automated material handling systems.
- Experience managing multiple sites and site managers.
- Experience overseeing financials/budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organizational sensitivity
- Group-Oriented leadership
- Customer-orientation/Service Provision
- Maintaining relationships
- Systemic thinking
- Defining and developing strategies
- Safety Leadership
- Excellent verbal and oral skills in English
- Ability to build a team and maintain Team Play
- Knowledge of service contracts
- Strong customer and service focused
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot.
- Understands business criticality of systems.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Commercially minded & project management skills
This position requires up to 50% travel. Must be available to
occasionally travel internationally.
Manages Site Maintenance Managers and Contract Managers.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Vanderlande Industries Inc, Marietta , Director of Site Based Service Operations, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!