Associate Executive Director
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta
Posted on: November 19, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest and most essential non-profits
serving in Atlanta. Today, we're looking for you to join us as we
carry out our mission to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
At the Y, we're an association of like-minded people (staff,
volunteers, and members), on the forefront of a movement to ensure
that everyone especially children experience an equal opportunity
to reach their full potential. In the course of a year, we provide
more than 3,000 children, ages 6 weeks through Pre-K with
high-quality literacy and STEAM-infused learning; give 58,000 youth
and teens access to sports, aquatics, day and resident camps, teen
leadership development programs, and employment opportunities;
provide over 200,000 members with programs, services, and
facilities to enjoy connection and maintain wellness regardless of
age; and engage over 25,000 volunteers and donors from across
Atlanta to share in the gift of supporting their communities.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work. Our
commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people,
our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful
characteristics that make us different.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Group Vice President, the Associate
Executive Director conducts and administers facility functions of
the branch and fulfills the role of the Branch Executive Director
in the Group VP's absence. This position is primarily responsible
for supervising the daily operations and organizational leadership
for the Northeast Cobb Family YMCA and for the successful
achievement of association and branch strategic goals. Also, this
position will play a key role in delivering intentional programming
with a major focus on implementing high member engagement
initiatives, community involvement and partnerships, facilitating
staff development strategies and co-leadership for the community
component of our Why It Matters annual campaign.
The Northeast Cobb Family YMCA is at 3010 Johnson Ferry Road,
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of YMCA management experience.
- Strong fundraising and volunteer development experience
- Experience managing a budget over $1.5M
- Must have skills and ability in program development and
delivery, human resources management, financial management,
facility management and in coaching and leading staff, members and
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to
service and hospitality.
- Hands on experience with utilizing data to make an informed
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Pass an Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout
- Lead member involvement and relationship building strategies to
increase participation, enrollment, and volunteerism.
- Provide and grow high quality, innovative programming which
meets the needs of our members and the community.
- Works closely with JLL to ensure facility needs are met to
maintain daily branch facility operations.
- Acts as the Assistant Campaign Director and directs the
community gifts phase of the annual Why It Matters campaign.
- Assists Program Directors and Coordinators in developing and
controlling branch budgets and is responsible for maintaining
- Participates in activities of those committees developing and
implementing policy in the area of program, property, marketing and
- Provides training programs for new and current personnel and
carries primary responsibility for all departmental staff
- Interprets and communicates the objectives and programs of the
branch to the community.
- Develops, maintains and prepares reports for staff, committees
and the Branch Board.
- With the Branch Executive Director, leads the strategic
positioning of the branch to meet the goals of the Metro-wide
Critical competencies based on needs specific to role:
- Strong fundraising and volunteer development experience with
specific experience leading volunteers in securing financial
support in total over $50,000
- Experience leading multiple full time staff
- Experience managing a budget over $1,500,000.
- Experience with innovative member experience, programming and
retention to diverse community
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of
the Branch and the success of programs and services to the
community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured
by the sound administration of departments, the stated satisfaction
of staff and members and a sound fiscal position of the branch as a
Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work,
seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds.
Northeast Cobb YMCA
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta, Marietta , Associate Executive Director, Executive , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!