DME / Pharmacy Delivery Technician - Marietta, GA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by
technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The
work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by
connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and
resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a
culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers,
comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come
make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance
health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring.
Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work a variable shift
between 8:00am - 7:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the
business need, to work occasional overtime. Weekend on call on a
rotating basis is required. Our office is located at GA074 - 425
Franklin Gateway SE, Marietta, GA 30067.
- Perform various warehouse duties such as shipping, receiving,
picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and
cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Load, transport and deliver properly packaged medication to
scheduled customers in a safe timely manner.
- Required to handle medication and supply deliveries for the
infusion pharmacy to cover the branch service area, while accepting
add on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Pre and post trip inspection on a daily basis. Any problems
with vehicle is to be brought to manager's attention.
- Conduct and present yourself in a professional manner at all
- Observe and obey all driving and traffic laws. (speed limits,
use of cell phones / texting while driving)
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to
pharmacy infusion services including process, pack, ship and may
compound medications if appropriately trained and licensed
- Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicles in
clean and proper working order
- Performs pick up of supplies and equipment at completion of
patient therapy and completes appropriate paperwork for returned
- Ability to drive during inclement weather
- Manage and dispose of hazardous waste
- Cleaning and maintenance of infusion devices
- Ability to Lift 10 - 25 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the branch's geographic area and
be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Valid Driver's License with a clean Driving Record
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook with the ability to check,
construct and reply appropriately as well as use the
- Experience with Microsoft Excel with the ability to enter data,
sort and filter data
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to Deliver Medical
Equipment and Medications
- Ability to work a variable shift between 8:00am - 7:00pm EST,
including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and on call
weekend rotations given the business need
- Customer service experience in healthcare/Pharmacy industry
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Marietta , DME / Pharmacy Delivery Technician - Marietta, GA, Engineering , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!