Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified
technicians for their Fixed Route and Paratransit service serving
the Norcross, GA location. We are looking for qualified and
experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and
equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general
- Adjust and reline air and hydraulic brakes, align wheels,
tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Align front ends (where applicable) and service suspension
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges
in order to diagnose malfunctions
- Must be qualified to disassemble and overhaul internal
combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical
equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
diagnostic equipment and software, chassis charts, and pressure
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Must be qualified to remove, install or rebuild diesel
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels. Able to
work on multiplex systems
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications
- Must be qualified to repair and maintain parts of the engine,
such as fuel injection systems, turbochargers
- Test drive trucks and buses to diagnose malfunctions or to
ensure that they are working properly and have appropriate drivers
license for facilities needs or the ability to obtain one
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and
- Other duties as directed and or assigned, to include and to
ensure the safe operation and efficiency of the department To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must exhibit both written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must complete and sign the Transdev employment application in
- An unjustified refusal to supply requested information or a
falsification of information will result in the elimination of the
applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background screening.
Mechanic B: 3-4 years experience The Mechanic B must be able to
diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair all diesel, CNG, gasoline,
electric and other alternative fueled vehicles and equipment in
service with minimal supervision. Mechanic B must be able to teach
C Mechanics, as time permits, repair techniques that are not
routine in nature. He/she must demonstrate mechanical proficiency
and mentoring capabilities. Mechanic B must be able to work with
minimal supervision. He/she must posses a CDL license with air
brakes and a passenger endorsement or have the ability and
willingness to obtain one. The Mechanic B must possess 609 air
conditioning certification and at least four H or T series ASE
certifications of which two must include H2, T2, T4 or H4 within
120 days of being placed in the Mechanic B position. A 608 air
conditioning certification is preferred. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be
made to enable an individual with disabilities in order to perform
these essential functions.
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
well ventilated facilities.
- 90% of work is accomplished open garage facility/outdoors.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling of materials. The job requirements and
duties outlined in this document may be subject to change to meet
the needs of each property location. If you have any questions,
please contact us at email protected For more information, please
visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: Drug free workplace If based in the United
States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without
restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug
screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdev, Marietta , Mechanic B, Engineering , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!