Diesel Mechanic at CobbLinc
Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 15, 2022
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Now offering a
$2,500 sign-on bonus!* About the Position Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
- Starting at $25.50 hourly wages based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- $2,500 sign-on bonus*
- *Conditions apply. Offer expires 2/28/2022
- An additional $.25/hour for each ASE certification you possess
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! First Transit, a leader in
fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance
services, is now hiring a Diesel Technician serving CobbLinc in
Cobb County, Georgia!
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Remove and replace the engine, transmission, and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area. Qualifications
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 1-3 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test. First for a Reason Diversity &
Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. About First America First is the largest
passenger transportation company in North America, we provide
passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities,
school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada.
Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and
employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states
and 7 Canadian provinces. Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Transit! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Marietta , Diesel Mechanic at CobbLinc, Engineering , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!