Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Join First Transit as an Electronic Components Technician!
This position performs basic mechanical and electrical maintenance
to a variety of electrical systems, subsystems, and components. The
Electronics Technician works with tools and machinery to repair the
electrical systems found on vehicles (transit bus electronic
system, destination signs, AVL/CAD, fare collection equipment).
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $21.68 - $26.34 Hourly Wages + bonuses for each ASE
certification you possess or obtain!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training,
paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings
- A great work environment
Electronic Components Technician major responsibilities:
- Installs, remove, and tests electronic vehicle equipment,
farebox equipment, vault boxes, and receivers
- Read and comprehends manuals and diagrams. Ability to test and
analyze system functionality.
- Inspects and determines the nature and extent of repair or
replacement needed; Cleans fare stand, vault boxes, and vault
- Repair circuits, jams, and component failures and reports
unusual conditions or needed repairs.
- Completes work orders, PM sheets, and request parts for
- Maintains repair records; uses mechanical hand tools and
special tools and fixtures.
- Maintains secured work area of electronic fare revenue
equipment, manuals, and special tools; performs other duties as
assigned or required.
Electronic Components Technician job requirements:
- Training in electronics and repairs, preferably credited from a
training institution with courses in basic electricity,
electronics, general shop, and vehicle repair preferred
- Hands-on experience with electronics testing and
- ASE Certifications preferred, especially H6
- Valid Driver's License; Have the ability to obtain a CDL Class
B driver's license.
- 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical repair
with basic knowledge and ability to diagnose electrical,
electronic, and mechanical problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, replace and calibrate electronic
communication and mechanical revenue handling equipment; ability to
understand system schematics and drawings; ability to perform basic
- Be familiar with diagnostic software and systems such as AVL,
GPS, CAD, and APC.
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and
management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama, and India. With a dedication
to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets
itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status
Keywords: First Transit, Marietta , Electronics Technician, Engineering , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!