Director Infrastructure Engineering
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Director, Infrastructure Engineering
Primary location: Marietta, GA
Secondary locations: Hagerstown, MD or Omaha, NE
What does an exceptional Director of Infrastructure Engineering
The Director of Infrastructure Engineering will provide Senior
Level Technical Leadership for Fiservs z/OS Middleware Global Team
(MQ, CICS, and WAS) supporting Fiservs Issuing, Acquiring, and
Payments solutions. You will be in a visible leadership role which
is part of a vertical and matrixed team collaborating with senior
management. The position requires both Technical and
Management-level experience preferably in large Parallel Sysplex,
full data sharing, z/OS-based environments. This person will lead
and empower a , global organization responsible for providing
reliable and scalable infrastructure across multiple
As a Director of Infrastructure Engineering, you can look forward
- Participating in the installation, implementation, performance,
and testing of large CICS and CICSPlex, MQ (shared and cluster
queues), and WAS installations
- Working with Development, Operations, and other technical teams
on new and existing Middleware project implementations
- Maintaining and improving MQ, WAS, and CICS solutions for
optimum performance and availability
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of Middleware MQ
standards and roadmaps
- Providing global on-call support
- Collaborating with internal and external clients in
implementing z/OS-based middleware solutions
- Improving availability through automated monitoring,
application checks, automated alerting and action.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of current compute
architectures, platforms and solutions and how they support
business deliverables, along with the ability to diagnose, triage,
and lead teams during critical incidents and outages to ensure
rapid restoration of service.
- Leading, supporting and coaching team members, in regional (and
- Enabling an environment of continuous improvements to meet
market changes and client demands
- Facilitating long term architecture planning to ensure
alignment between the business product roadmap and the Enterprise
- Leading planning for resource management and organizational
alignment in support of business objectives.
- Serving as project sponsor and escalation point for issue/risk
resolution to ensure all targets are met.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with key business unit
- Managing and provides technical and business direction for a
team of Infrastructure/System Engineers responsible for delivering
- Displaying a high degree of collaboration with Business Unit
teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills, forward thinking,
self-motivated, and able to work effectively in a diverse, highly
talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- Building relationships and works closely with our internal
customers, as well as occasionally with external customers, to
ensure solutions are technically sound, issues are identified and
resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and
- Supervising progress of multiple projects to include planning,
status reports, budgeting and procurement.
- Resolving challenges by analyzing issues and assisting the team
to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Communicating status of activities with the team, peers,
management, internal and external customers.
- Managing team personnel issues, including hiring, motivating,
career development/enrichment, performance and salary review,
disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Working with other leaders to create, measure, and report
progress towards established key performance metrics.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general
nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive
list of position responsibilities.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma with 11+ years of experience in large IBM
z/OS Mainframe Parallel Sysplex environments.
- 11+ years of hands-on experience supporting IBM z/OS Mainframe
Middleware (CICS, MQ, and WAS) implementations that includes MQ
Cluster/Sharing, CICS and CICSPlex, and WAS Clusters on large
Parallel Sysplex environments.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with z/OS and IBM mainframes
- Demonstrated success leading geographically dispersed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Business or equivalent degree.
- Experience with WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server, and
CICS/TS implementations in large z/OS Parallel Sysplex
- Working knowledge of IBM Assembler, COBOL, and Java on
- Experience with Broadcom (formerly CA) Sysview, BMC Mainview,
and IBM Explorers.
- Experience in merchant daily/month-end funding /billing,
merchant account management, merchant fraud and merchant monetary
within the financial services industry.
- Credit/Debit Card merchant systems, acquiring processor, and
major card associations such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
Discover, other private label brands.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with ability to
explain complex technical ideas in easy to understand business
Travel: Ability to travel up to 35%
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a
broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
Who we are: Fiserv Technology Services (FTS) is a dynamic and
critical part of the Fiserv organization. FTS architects, builds
and operates the technology platforms and services used by Fiserv
Business Units to deliver high quality solutions and services to
Fiserv has been a trusted name in financial services technology for
more than 35 years. Were leading the digital transformation of
financial services, helping financial institutions, billers and
consumers move and manage money securely, expertly and with ease
through our creative solutions and deep expertise.
For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth time in the last 10
years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE Magazine "Worlds
Most Admired Companies--."
Were looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team
of experts, so if youre seeking an environment where leadership,
teamwork and innovation are valued, and career development is
meaningful to you, youre in the right place.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Keywords: Fiserv, Marietta , Director Infrastructure Engineering, Engineering , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!