Business Office Representative Clerk
Company: SCA Health
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Overview:Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who
care for 1 million patients each year and support physician
specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together,
our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a
better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total
cost of care. As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated
care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as
they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has
a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that
allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated
ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through
our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy
predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical
procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines. The
new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
goingand the growing career opportunities for YOU.Accountabilities
/ Responsibilities:Provide support to the facility by performing
specific or various business office functions as assigned. These
functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records,
Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing,
Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical
Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along
with pertinent information and handles calls from physicians office
in regard to information on scheduling patients at the surgery
center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with surgery
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician
offices and patients needs expeditiously. Takes messages and
transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is
obtained from the physicians office prior to surgery scheduled.
Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer
system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms,
reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient
charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted
immediately and informed of the centers payment policies as well as
offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly
documented in the patients account.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or
- Minimum three years of experience in health care and minimum of
one-year experience in surgery scheduling procedures
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work
independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of surgery scheduling, receptionist and
registration responsibilities; and must possess the ability to
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work
which ever shift is to be covered. Min:USD $17.00/Hr.Max:USD
Keywords: SCA Health, Marietta , Business Office Representative Clerk, Administration, Clerical , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...