Front Office Assistant
Company: Northside Hospital
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Position DescriptionPerforms a variety of administrative,
secretarial and clerical duties which directly support patient care
and practice personnel in the overall operation of the practice.
Incumbent is expected to interpret and execute the duties and
responsibilities of the job with only limited supervision and
direction.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as initial patient contact, initiates patient record and
account. Greets patients and families in a welcoming and caring
manner, courteously assists callers with information and
- Answers phones (operator, appointment, back office lines, etc.)
in compliance with service goals.
- Accurately schedules all categories of appointments - new,
return/office, follow-up, pre-op, post-op, procedure, consultation,
- Prepares patient records and prints schedule in preparation for
daily appointments. Makes adjustments to schedule as needed
throughout the day (add-ons, cancellations, rescheduled
appointments) and retains records if applicable.
- Responsible for patient registration. Interviews, verifies and
performs accurate data entry of patient demographics, insurance and
medical information to ensure integrity of records and minimize
claims denial if applicable. - May be responsible for basic
insurance verification processes.
- Educates patients and maintains compliance with HIPAA privacy
regulations and acknowledgements if applicable.
- Accepts upfront payments (co-pays, co-insurance, etc.) and
provides appropriate patient receipts. Ensures proper documentation
is provided. Balances all daily charges and receipts. - Prints
reports for daily updates and close of day.Our team at Northside
Hospital Orthopedic Institute-Sports Medicine (NHOI-Sports
Medicine) offers comprehensive care and personalized services based
entirely around the needs of athletes. As a center for orthopedics
and sports medicine, our team takes care of your every need - from
injury prevention to performance services and athletic training to
orthopedic surgery. We provide services for athletes of all ages,
including orthopedic and sports medicine care for children, across
a wide range of specialties.Position RequirementsKNOWLEDGE SKILLS
AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- 1 year clerical/secretarial experience preferably in a
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Basic computer skillsKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR
- Successful completion of course in Medical Terminology or
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office (Word, Excel
and PowerPoint).License/Certification Requirements: NoWork Hours:
7a-4:30pWeekend Requirements: NoOn-Call Requirements: No
Keywords: Northside Hospital, Marietta , Front Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!