Sales Portfolio Specialist
Company: South State Bank
Posted on: September 13, 2023
As a leading regional bank, SouthState has been providing
financial solutions to individuals, families, and businesses in the
Southeast for more than 100 years.
SouthState team members strive to create remarkable experiences
while building meaningful and lasting relationships. We are proud
to be a reflection of the communities we serve, and our team
members share core values that make SouthState a great place to
bank, and a great place to work.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, managing a
portfolio of commercial relationships and loans.This would include
coordinating with Credit Administration on the collection of
financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls, borrowing basis and
annual servicing as well as monitoring the financial condition of
the commercial loan portfolio they are assigned either directly, or
indirectly - as determined by the Commercial Team Leader (CTL) or
Area Executive (AE).
This includes servicing client banking needs of all kinds;
processing loan renewals, line of credit draw requests, letter of
credit renewals, and at times new loan requests from existing
clients; monitoring and managing past due, borrowing base, covenant
tracking and maturity lists; and working with Lending Assistants
and CLU's to ensure files are kept up to date with required
This position supports the CTL or AE in performing the specific
duties, tasks, and responsibilities as outlined below:
- Contacts customers and their designees (CPA's, etc.) for
collection of required/needed information including financial
- Provides preliminary feedback to the CTL or AE on current
customers regarding the creditworthiness of the client and the
merits of the proposed loan renewal.
- Partners with Commercial Lenders and CLUs in the completion of
renewals of commercial loan relationships as directed by the CTL or
AE. This includes monitoring the Maturing Loans Report, collecting
financial statements, completing the credit memo, and driving the
- Ensures that all collateral and financial exceptions are
monitored, collected and ticklers cleared in a timely manner. This
requires working closely with Lending Assistants.
- Works with Credit Administration to ensure that annual reviews
and renewal packages have all needed documents and answered
questions to complete the review in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Credit Administration and Loan Review on any
required monitoring and reporting of Classified Loans.
- Assists Loan Review when requested by Credit
- Assists the CTL or AE with projects and normal workflow
including initiating workflow into any credit origination
- Periodically accompanies a Commercial Relationship Manager
(CRM), CTL or AE on calls with existing and/or prospective clients
- Periodically attends loan closings with CRM, CTL or AE, as
- Undertakes special projects related to job function as
determined by CTL, AE, Community President, or Regional
- Ensures that the Bank's policies and procedures, code of
conduct, and regulatory guidelines are strictly complied with.
- Assists other employees by liaising with them through healthy
and positive interactions.
- Assists with marketing endeavors/efforts, when requested.
- Continuously updates skills by participating in professional
- Seeks opportunities to improve skills through cross-training
offered by the Bank.
Performs all other tasks, responsibilities, or duties, as directed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have strong communication skills characterized by
excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proficient with general office machines and programs to include
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and other software that
might be utilized in the department
- Ability to use the computer efficiently and the capacity to
learn new software programs as they are rolled out by the Bank
- Must possess basic English language skills to write (including
spelling and punctuation) and speak clearly, and effectively with
coworkers and customers
- Must be well-organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
- Must be cooperative and willing to assist coworkers and
customers on a regular basis.
- Must have effective listening skills demonstrated by the
ability to listen to others talk (without interruption), understand
them, and then propose solutions or make contributions based on the
points made by others.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to
function well under pressure.
- Must be able to remain composed under pressure and respond to
customer and coworker concerns regularly.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions to the
- Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems
while always maintaining a positive attitude.
Qualifications, Education, and Certification Requirements
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in business or finance is
recommended, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Experience: 1-3 years preferred years of experience with being
in Commercial Credit Analysis, Commercial Loan Underwriting, or
other bank experience deemed appropriate for the requirements of
- Certifications/Specific Knowledge: Knowledge of personal
computer, Windows and Microsoft software applications is required.
Strong analytical skills. Quick study and assimilation of complex
data. Ability to remain focused and task oriented. Excellent
written and oral communication skills. Attention to Detail.
Self-Starter who requires minimal supervision
Required annual compliance training, New Employee Orientation
Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on
computer screens, documents, reports, and cash denominations, and
identify customers. This position requires a large amount of time
in front of a computer.This can be done sitting or standing with
use of the right desk.
This position is a primarily work form office position. This
position maybe located in a cubicle environment that may be loud
throughout the day.
Travel may be required to come to meetings as needed.
Keywords: South State Bank, Marietta , Sales Portfolio Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!