Accounting Clerk-AP/AR-Marietta, GA
Company: Fortis Solutions Group, LLC
Posted on: May 11, 2022
As the Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for carrying out
work activities related to the operation of Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and other general accounting while
maintaining quality and proficiency when dealing with customers and
suppliers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue timely and accurate invoices and monthly customer
statements to customers using the companys accounting system.
- Record and process payments from customers in the accounting
- Credit card processing and posting.
- Enter invoices into customer invoicing web sites and submit
invoices by electronic data interchange when necessary.
- Perform account reconciliations when necessary to research and
resolve payment discrepancies.
- Process credit memos according to company procedures for
issuing of credits.
- Perform Accounts Payable 3-way match process in a timely manner
and ensure Accounts Payable accuracy before scanning to remote
Accounting office for processing.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment
discrepancies and documentation
- Track exceptions between shipping logs and invoices.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers via phone, email, or mail
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Assisting with other accounting duties as
Education and Experience:
- HS (or GED) is required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of direct Accounting Clerk work
experience.Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of accounts receivable and billing
procedures. General knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and
- Experience in accounting software packages. The company uses
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in processing a high
volume of transactions.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit team mentality, willing to help and support the
- NoneTraining Requirements:
- Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related
to the job as assigned.Physical Demands:
- Typical office tasks, sitting, repetitive computer use.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and subject to random drug
- Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production
- Warehouse environment temperatures may be influenced by outside
temperatures.Personal Protective Equipment:
- None required.Fortis Solutions Group is committed to a diverse
and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and
therefore, do not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected
Keywords: Fortis Solutions Group, LLC, Marietta , Accounting Clerk-AP/AR-Marietta, GA, Accounting, Auditing , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!